Re: Separate adjacent links with more than whitespace

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 19:39:41 -0000
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

"Jonathan Chetwynd" <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> We use absolute positioning so I'm wondering what the theory is on this?
> Is there any explicit separation? seems unlikely :-(

If you're positioning with CSS, then you can easily provide characters which
are hidden, or positioned elsewhere when css is enabled, this requirement
obviously only applies to the non CSS-P situation.

> and finally SVG, how are links supposed to be separated in what has the
> potential to be a fine mess?

User Agents for SVG have to cope with this in a different way, they are very
different mark-up languages, and techniques don't directly translate.