RE: Separate adjacent links with more than whitespace

From: Michael Cooper <michaelc@watchfire.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 10:54:24 -0500
To: W3c-Wai-Ig <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Before I read this reply I was going to post a message saying we're
considering changing Bobby's evaluation to consider links on different lines
(e.g., separated by <br>) as being sufficiently separated. I'm with everyone
on the importance of separated links, and just have the question - are
non-whitespace separators just important for links on the same "line" or is
it also important for links on different lines? I realize the definition of
"line" might depend on the user agent and there might be my answer, that you
can't count on a <br> element as creating the needed separation. But I
wanted to float the idea and see what people think.

Michael