Separate adjacent links with more than whitespace

From: Steve Vosloo <stevenvosloo@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 16:06:01 +0200
To: "WAI IG" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

I have a list of links which I'm placing on top of each other and
separating with an HTML break statement, like the list of links at the
bottom of the Tesco Access site. Bobby squeals with WAI checkpoint 10.5:
Separate adjacent links with more than whitespace. Is this an outdated
checkpoint? My experience is that screen readers say the word "link"
before reading a link.

All input greatly appreciated.