Re: Applet, Target, Object, Embed in XHTML 1.1

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, David Woolley wrote:

> > How can one tell that the parameter to the object tag is trying
> > to invoke an Active-X object ?  Is there some central registry
>
> The whole point of guuids (Microsoft globally unique IDs) is that there
> is no need for a central registry, as the chances of a collision are
> negligible.

Huh?  Are we talking something pseudo-random here?  I guess anyone
with a clue about combinatorics is a junior programmer noone
listens to, until they grow a suit and pointy hair and "get the
bigger picture".

"This'll be out of service long before the year 2000 ...."

--
Nick Kew