Re: User-stylesheets and screen reader support for lang, aural st yles, etc.

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 21:50:01 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> so anyone subscribed would be the intended recipient. I'm not sure what you

Anyone in the world has access, now or in the future, but that's not
really on topic.

> readers like "IBM Home Page Reader" or "JAWS". I wasn't referring to Mozilla

JAWS, at least, uses Internet Explorer to do a lot of the work for it.
However, I think they can get at the underlying CSS rules, although
there may be problems because IE will act on display: none in a visual
context, so probably not provide partially rendered material to JAWS.
(JAWS is, from what I've heard, from a CSS point of view, a visual browser.)

I would think though that even the developers of those tools would
not release information until they had reached the public beta stage,
and would not commit to it until they launched the product.