Re: Is time running out for the without STYLE SHEET guidelines?

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:

> got to the bottom of your problem, the site you are complaining about
> is a BBC site, not a peepo page.

AH HAH!!! that answers a lot of questions, the only confusion is that it
is listed as "peepo magazine"????

> Peepo is a web directory for people who have few or no literacy skills.
> If we only linked to pages that were universally accessible, and great
> for our  intended audience, then we might not have a job at all.
> The title gives you a clue :-)

well, peepo is a game we play with little babies around here, am I missing
something?

> as an aside, I'd like to know if there are any plans to produce a Lynx
> type browser that accepts plugins, realplayer for example.
> for visually impaired users this would be an excellent means of quickly
> and cleanly browsing radio stations, possibly in combination with
> http://www.peepo.com

lynx will accept some plugins now, although most users do not have them
loaded.   a new version of lynx is being tested as we speak and will
contain "lots of new features" when it is released "soon"

Bob

    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys@smartnospam.net
above. If you are not the intended recipient, Please notify the sender as
soon as possible. Please DO NOT READ, COPY, USE, or DISCLOSE this
communication to others and DELETE it from your computer systems.  Thanks