Re: crystal reports as html

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 02:17:39 +0000 (GMT)
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org>
cc: "Scarlett Julian (ED)" <Julian.Scarlett@sheffield.gov.uk>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> If your server setup is really inflexible and your software won't let
> you fix its mistakes, you could have it publish to a separate server,
> and set up your main server to behave as a proxy (which the world uses
> because it is your published address) that does the modifications and
> publishes the data in an accessible form. Nick Kew's proxy stuff would
> handle this, and it is similar to what Betsie does, among other
> projects.

This is work-in-progress, but mod_accessibility has a good deal more
to offer than other tools I'm aware of, including the proxy (which it
replaces) and Betsie.

I've just uploaded a set of webpages describing it.  They're currently
at <URL:http://www.webthing.com/~nick/mod_accessibility/> (which is
clearly not going to be their final address).  I hope this should be
of interest to anyone responsible for producing or publishing web content.

More to follow when it's ready, but (as always) comments invited.

--
Nick Kew