RE: navigation banner in css.

Thanks Iris and Charles.
I did find the specific css i was looking for.  it was sent by mat may recently.  below is the details for anyone interested.

Mat May wrote...
One thing I want to recommend here is the CSS used for the link bar.
It's possible to flow links in a bar together with very minimal HTML
and CSS. For example:

HTML:

CSS:
	.topnav a { display: block; float: left; width: 20%; text-align:
center; background-color: black; color: white; text-decoration: none;
font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; }

You can stylize each link with borders, etc., but this is much easier
to deal with and keep up than throwing them in tables. (A bonus: when
you declare the A element as a block element using "display: block",
the entire area is clickable, not just the word.)