RE: PDFs and accessibility

From: The Snider's Web <lsnider@thesnidersweb.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 13:01:36 -0400
To: "Steuerwalt, Jon C." <jon.c.steuerwalt@Maine.gov>, "'Matthew Smith'" <matt@kbc.net.au>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Hi Jon,

That is a really good point about making the info accessible-thanks for
reminding me.

Interesting, I think I was trying to look at it the other way round-that is
why I need some guidance and advice :) I do so many PDFs for clients and
have been unhappy with many of them in terms of accessibility. I think it
is time to change my thinking and way of doing things.

I think in the end I will have to go for two formats-the PDF for people who
want and can see the full layout/design/etc. and a different format for
people who don't want to see the PDF or need to use other means to do
so-like a screen reader.

Thanks again for the info

Lisa