Re: PDFs and accessibility

Hi Loretta,

Yes the convert to PDF usually works great-except in WordPerfect where you
have to use Distiller to get it the best it can be. Word can produce HTML
but it also produces some of the worst bloated code so it needs to be
trimmed (sometimes it is more work than using simple text and making HTML
from there!)

I use Acrobat 5 to produce PDFs-I haven't yet converted them to HTML-that
is the next fun part ;) For the Word docs I would make them into HTML and
then use Dreamweaver to strip the code. Although this only gets me HTML and
XHTML-but I am okay with that for right now-as long as it is standards
compliant HTML.

I suspect it is easier to convert the original doc into HTML than the
PDF-especially with the three column stuff.

Thanks for your feedback,

Lisa