Re: Frames and Accessibility

----- Original Message -----
From: "Julian Voelcker" <asp@tvw.net>
> OK, for the library we have a frame on the left with a tree menu in it and
> then the content is displayed in the right hand page (a bit like windows
> explorer).  The tree menu builds in sizer as the user navigates down the
> branches.

I think the key question is: How important is it for the users to see the
whole tree on every page?

If its not important at all, then changing the navigation to a breadcrumbs
trail approach ala Yahoo will be very feasible, small and thus efficient on
page size.

If its important to have somewhere you can see all the nodes to a tree, but
not compulsory to see it on every page, then a site-map type approach will
suffice - a page of pure navigation.

There are variants of this, and one in particular involves having only a
relevant part of the tree in view. So on page x, reduce the view of the tree
from x's parent and all descendant nodes.

Mike