RE: to js or not to js?

From: RUST Randal <RRust@COVANSYS.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 09:02:03 -0500
To: "'David Poehlman'" <poehlman1@comcast.net>, wai-ig list <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

David Poehlman said:

> For those suggesting that one should rely on js being turned
> off in order to provide non js functionality, this
> problematic in that in many cases, js is needed and to have
> to turn off the js in a browser in order to achieve
> accessibility to a site specifically would break
> accessibility for other sites if inadvertantly left off.

Well, that's an interesting perspective that I never thought I would hear on
this list:)

I agree with you, David.

I think that you have to expect JS will be turned on, and develop with the
idea in mind that JS *might* be turned off or not supported.  But I never
quite thought about it in the way you said.

Randal Rust
Covansys, Inc.
Columbus, OH