From: "Julian Voelcker" <asp@tvw.net>
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2003 7:41 AM
Subject: Re: Frames and Accessibility

Hi David,

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 07:00:28 -0500, David Poehlman wrote:
> your third approach is the best if you can manage it and

OK, I can do that in a number of places, although there is one menu with
about 10 options on it that would be too difficult to duplicate.

An alternative would be to provide an overriding frames/noframes option
on the site so that the user can specify a preference from the outset and
then we can deliver the appropriate pages to them, all handled on the
server using cookies/session variables to remember the preference.

> I also suggest
> along with this that you allow for manual refresh.

I think that I will do this for the non framed 'chat' facility - the last
thing we need is to have the whole page refreshing every five seconds!

Actually we have been thinking of adding a manual refresh button to the
framed version because we have been having problems with some ISPs
caches.

Cheers,

Julian Voelcker