Re: Javascript Image Roll-over

I think here you are pushing the technology of HTML. SVG certainly
provides this - even as implemented on mobile phones like the new Nokia
GSM phones it includes SVG animation.

For CSS you can display text using the "content" property, a la

   a:focus:after {content: attr(title) }

or something similar, or you could get really tricky and use sibling
relationships and group things inside spans which might work (I haven't
got time at the moment to try and figure out the whole set of
relationships and whether it is really possible).

If you are interested in animation, it is sort of like CSS for SVG
(which also uses CSS) but providing complex dynamic interactions, and
allowing for descriptions of the animation to be available. The
difference between using animation and using scripting in SVG is that
scripting changes the content of the document, whereas animation
doesn't - it just changes some visual things. (If ever I had spare time
I would update the animations section in the "Accessibility Features of
SVG" note, as it is one of the weakest sections because at the time we
only had a rough understanding of how they would work for
accessibility. If someone wants to pay me to sit down and do it, please
email soon <grin/>)

Just some quick thoughts.

cheers

Chaals