Re: Javascript Image Roll-over

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 11:49:07 +1100
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
To: Bill Mason <w3c@accessibleinter.net>

I agree with Bill, that if the rest of the requirements (images contain
alternative information, the page is designed properly, etc) then
rollovers are just a presentation aspect that aren't crucial.

They can be done in CSS - see W3C's home page for an example that uses
colour highlights on the links in the top navbar - and done right you
get the effect however you navigate.

They can be helpful for people - not least to find where they are on a
dense page.

cheers

Chaals

--