Re: Judging Web Site Accessibility

From: Matthew Smith <matt@kbc.net.au>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 10:03:48 +0930
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hi All

Referring to http:/www.thedesk.info :
> I use Lynx and this site may be one of the worst offenders for access in
> pure text mode...nothing other than the homepage is accessible.  how in
> the name of bloody blue blazes did they get a bobby stamp??

Good question - I just ran it through Bobby 4.0.1 for level A only -
comes up 'repair needed'.  Main failure point is lack of ALT text on an
image.

Unfortunately, the 'Bobby Approved' icons have become meaningless;
whether or not you like the tool, it is let down by people seeing an
'approved' message but not actually reading the report and performing
the manual checks.

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Kadina Business Consultancy