Re: XHTML/XML some constructive comments required.

On 27 Jun, Tim Roberts wrote:

> Hi Tina, What is the affect on point B and related subsequent points
> if the authour includes:

> 	   "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
>
> at the head of his work.

  Let's see. If he, at point (c) I believe, go to XHTML 1.0 Strict
  instead of XHTML 1.1 ? Then, y'know, he'll get off with serving it as
  text/html ... but he *might* just violate WCAG 11.1.

  Let me add some points:

    (c-1) He reads the WAI, and chooses - based on 11.1 - the latest
          version of XHTML. That would be 1.1, yes ?

  Or are you by this trying to say that "I meant XHTML 1.0 Transitional
  all along, and not XHTML 1.1 even if that is the latest and most
  thoroughly structure/layout separated version" ?

  Oh, I hope not. If so we're boiling down to "What, exactly, are the
  accessibility differences between XHTML 1.0 Transitional and HTML 4.01
  Transitional, and that would just so water this debate down to
  nothing.

> PS, nice talk in your previous message.

  Thankyou. I'll take that as a compliment. I always take some time out
  to moderate what I first wrote. I wouldn't want to hurt anyone.

   [+46] 0708 557 905