RE: Can Browsers Attempt to Render Broken XHTML?

From: Larry G. Hull <Larry.G.Hull@nasa.gov>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 15:26:44 -0400
To: "Hoffman, Geoffrey" <ghoffman@aztrib.com>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Geoff,

If it was defined, I also missed it. I'll try to provide one. If
anyone feels they can do better, go right ahead. You won't hurt my
feelings. LOL

A general principle of robustness: be conservative in what you do, be
liberal in what you accept from others.

Under this principle, validators and programs that produce code
should be as conservative as possible; user agents, since they accept
code, should be as liberal as possible.

Regards,

Larry