Re: accessify.com's review of RNIB relaunch

From: <tina@greytower.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 23:06:19 +0200 (CEST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

On 25 Jun, Tim Roberts wrote

> In accessibility we are working towards getting things as "good as we
> can for the greatest number of users". And in reality, who has an XHTML
> browser that will not display an XHTML page correctly. The reason that

   "Who has an XHTML browser that will not display a XHTML page
   correctly", you ask. Were it but that simple.

   Ignoring "display correctly" (what is "correctly" ?) it is a matter
   of defining "XHTML browser".

   A browser that understands XHTML ? To my knowledge, the *only one*
   which does do that when the XHTML is served *in accordance with the
   standards* is Gecko.

   So: "who has an XHTML browser" turns to "Very few, if you believe the
   statistics"

   XHTML is not without problems, and done RIGHT can create accessibility
   problems. Not surprised, I hope.

   [+46] 0708 557 905