Re: accessify.com's review of RNIB relaunch

Hi Kynn,

There is nothing wrong with HTML (I am unsure how long this will stand
true) and it can be made as accessible as anything.

However, my point was that XHTML demands a certain level of
accessibility in the fact that it is specifically aimed at encouraging
developers to seperate content and style - this is definitely a good
move for producing accessibile content.  It also enforces developers to
provide obligatory textual alternatives for objects, frames, scripts and
applets etc. And finally, is it better to develop accessible sites using
older technologies, or new technolgies that contain backwards
comaptibility as well as ensuring your site will still perform with
browsing devices that have not yet been invented.

I remind you that the w3 states:

"XHTML is the successor of HTML."

I have witnessed the great leap in supporrt for these standards and the
way they assist developers  in prodiucing  accessibile content. HTML
will not die overnight,
but it may wane.

I will have to stand by my claim and say that HTML 4 can be made
accessibile, XHTML has more inherent features that steer developers
toward accessible development, but both still need the human experience
to determine the true accessibility.

Tim