Re: BFoB Case Study question--table summaries

From: David Dorward <david@us-lot.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 21:14:46 +0100
To: Tom Gilder <w3c@tom.me.uk>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 08:52:40 +0100, Tom Gilder wrote:

> Some of the alt text on that site is also ridiculously long, a great
> (or should that be awful?) example being:
>
>   "Logo indicating that this website achieves AAA accessibility
>   compliance - this graphic is an External Link to the W3C Web Content
>   Accessibility Guidelines that opens in a new browser window."

Which may or may not be true. I'd love to see it try to open a new
window in my copy of Mozilla (with JavaScript turned off and
preferences configured to always open links in the same window -
irrespective of target attributes).

Website content shouldn't make assumptions about the users browsing
environment.

--
David Dorward                                     http://david.us-lot.org/
         Redesign in progress: http://stone.thecoreworlds.net/