Re: what languages can screen readers read in?

From: Jael Kurtz <jael@ubaccess.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:11:13 +0200
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>, "Patrick Burke" <burke@ucla.edu>

Melingo in Israel has developed a text to speech program called Kolan
http://www.melingo.com/kolan_ab.htm  because of the specific problems of
ambiguity (the omission vowels) and the rich morphology in semantic
languages this tool is excellent, claiming 97% correct vocalization.  Right
now it's only in Hebrew but they intend to duplicate this program to Arabic
as well.
Jael