RE: title for the frame

From: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 08:02:58 -0400 (EDT)
To: Lauke PH <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Cc: WAI-IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> > Oh, I almost forgot. The only browsers I know of that cannot
> > understand
> > frames are Lynx and W3M. That is *it*.
>
> Lynx (at least version 2.8.3 which I use) is actually quite capable
> of handling properly coded framesets. Sure, you have to effectively
> select which frameset you want to "dive into", but nevertheless, it
> works...

True enough. And you're navigating by name there, not title. That
reinforces my point: It is nearly impossible to find a browser that can't
handle frames. And it is the content of the frame, not its name or title,
that people read. I suppose that is really an argument for ignoring
noframes content, which essentially no one can use.

--

  Joe Clark  |  joeclark@joeclark.org
  Author, _Building Accessible Websites_