UK Usability Professionals' Association Web Accessibility Evening

From: Isofarro <w3evangelism@faqportal.uklinux.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 10:03:36 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

I recently attended the Web Accessibility evening hosted by the UK Usability
Professionals' Association ( http://www.ukupa.org.uk/events/june03meet.htm -
held on the 17th June 2003 in London, UK), speakers were Peter Bosher and
Ian Lloyd. Peter Bosher participated in this group in the past, and Ian
Lloyd is the guy behind http://www.accessify.com and now part of WaSP, plus
he is behind Nationwide's push towards accessibility - quite a role model!

My take on the discussion and presentation is here:
http://www.isolani.co.uk/blog/access/UpaAccessibilityMeetingWithIamLloyd

In summary: We got an overview of how the UK Online (
http://www.ukonline.gov.uk ) website was built. Peter Bosher covered the
issues and difficulties blind people have of surfing the web (an excellent
talk). Ian Lloyd covered how Nationwide ( http://www.nationwide.co.uk )
recreated their website to be accessible. It was a very informative evening.

Mike