Re: Longdesc attribute for images

On 18 Jun, Lauke   PH wrote:

>> > I think you may have slightly misunderstood the original email
>> > from this thread. The problem is that, in theory, browsers should
>> > give users a simple, easy, automatic way of accessing the page
>>
>>   I think we are rather talking about two diffent things:
>> structure and
>>   browser design.
>
> Yes, exactly...the original email by yoan did ask if we should drop
> the use of the longdesc attribute because of inconsistent/missing browser
> support for it.

  Indeed.

> (rereading the way I worded it - "I think you may have slightly
>  misunderstood" etc - I realise it may have come across as rather
> rude...apologies, it wasn't meant to be)

  That's quite ok, I interpreted it that way only for a smidgeon of a
  second before I got a grasp on reality again ;) After all, if I *had*
  misunderstood, the comment would be entirely accurate.

  But I don't really think I did - just that we are discussing around
  eachother again (the warping of time and space gets quite fascinating
  at lists like these ;)

> I think we're all pretty much in agreement then that the concept of
> longdesc is well worth keeping - of course - but that browser support
> for easy ways of "using/accessing" the longdesc url could be better...

  Oh, indeed. I admit that the link that Masayasu Ishikawa provided for
  an extention to Mozilla was *quite* worth it though.

   [+46] 0708 557 905