Re: Longdesc attribute for images

iCab also presents it.

And intermediate proxy systems, such as mod_accessibility, can use it
to represent a page for a browser like lynx with a description
available of each image.

And it can be reasonably reliably searched, allowing people who want to
illustrate content but cannot see to create pages on their own. Tools
such as a-prompt make use of this facility to support accessible
authoring.

regards

Charles McCathieNevile