Re: Skip Nav (was RE: "Think EUO, not SEO"/Google)

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 17:20:42 +0200
Cc: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
To: David Poehlman <poehlman1@comcast.net>

Sure. But I would suggest that it is a better idea to think of a future
where styling information can be passed to the synthesiser, than to
think of one where speech synthesisers don't allow customisation of any
sort.

There is a separate question of whether CSS is a good styling mechanism
- for audio browsers I would suggest that it is a good approach, but
what about Window-eyes, which is expected to work with all the
different programs a user runs on their machine? (Actually IMHO if it's
a good enough mechanism for MS Word and my IRC client it probably does
make sense for screen readers too).

cheers

Chaals