RE: JavaScript and Accessibility

From: Jon Hanna <jon@spin.ie>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 13:40:32 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> > 3) Why do we not have a similar guideline about scripts in
> > Section 508?
>
> This is my biggest problem with 1192.22, but I think that Javascript is
> more of a usability issue than an accessibility issue.

Well there are differences between "accessibility", "accessibility for
people with disabilities" and "accessibility, particularly for people with
disabilities".

508 is only concerned with the second. Belief in an accessible web from the
web community has had threads from all three.

Javascript fall-back is an "accessibility, particularly for people with
disabilities" issue.