RE: Radio Buttons and CheckBoxes Question

From: Lauke PH <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 13:39:27 +0100
To: "Lubow Scott" <lubow_scott@bah.com>, "W3C" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

I'm not 100% I followed exactly what your problem is, so please
forgive me if I'm giving obvious answers...not trying to sound
patronising, simply trying to cover all bases first...

>  From what I could find with my own research, the only solution to the
> problem is to use FIELDSET and LEGEND.  The problem with this solution
> is that FIELDSET puts boxes around everything within the FIELDSET, and
> there is no way to turn off the border.

Boxes as in visual boxes ? Use CSS

fieldset {
	border: none;
}

> So, for now, what I
> did was to
> conditionally associate the question text with the answer - when the
> answer is either a textbox or dropdown list.  In cases where
> the answer
> is a set of radio buttons or checkboxes, I associate the answer text
> with its respective radio button or checkbox.
>
> If you can provide me with any other solutions, or input of
> any kind on
> this issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

Look at the source of the below test page...maybe that will shed a bit
more light into the issue...

http://dev.salford.ac.uk/formstuff.html

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke