Re: White text on black background

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 22:52:34 +0100 (BST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> I am just wondering if many users, disabilities or not, find white text on bla
* ck background much easier to read than black on white.

My understanding is that the original reason for using white (or green or
orange) on black was that flicker is more obvious on large areas of solid

Viewing GUIs on CRTs, I get the impression that some rasterisers on some
fonts don't handle white on black well (you need to handle them differently
because a white pixel is larger than a black pixel, to ensure that adjacent
white pixels overlap, when using a write white device, like a typical