RE: White text on black background

From: John Foliot - WATS.ca <foliot@wats.ca>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 15:14:35 -0400
To: "Jesper Tverskov" <jesper.tverskov@mail.tele.dk>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Jesper,

It is my experience that many visually impaired users who still retain some eyesight prefer light text on dark backgrounds, especially when on a monitor screen.  This is due in part to the fact that the "glare" from a white monitor screen is hard on the eyes, and can often wash out thin black lines (like text).  I personally know of at least 2 partially sighted users who have set up their machines with dark backgrounds and light text, even to the point of one setting their web browser to over-ride developers colours.

JF