Re: Geographical Information Systems

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 20:08:49 +0200
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
To: "Smith, Denise" <denise.smith@idea.com>

I haven't worked with this product, but I have a student working on a
project locating things on maps. Although the primary interface is a
graphic one using SVG, we plan to integrate work like Dave Pawson's
(from RNIB.org.uk ) on having speaking SVG that can be keyboard
navigated, etc. The idea is to get the data that underlies mapping,
which is often very closely held. There have been discussions on this
list before about working on mapping, and it is an interesting area.

Cheers

Chaals