Re: Accessible Dynamic Menus

From: Julian Voelcker <asp@tvw.net>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 00:52:14 +0100
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

On Tue, 27 May 2003 16:10:48 -0700, Geoffrey Hoffman wrote:
> DHTML menus are really neat for us dexterous, able-bodied types. However, if
> you must comply with accessibility standards AND you want to use a wiz-bang
> DHTML menu, then you must also have an alternate site navigation in the HTML
> text or a noscript tag.

OK, I take your point, however I am referring to menus that are based on
ordered multi-level lists that then use primarily CSS and some js to provide
the interactivity.

Assuming there is no js or you are using a text reader, you should just see
the menu in a simple bulleted list format, which I thought should suffice.

With regards activating the menus, this isn't something I had considered.
What would you say is the best method?

> view http://ucpnet.org/

I like the menus here, they are similar to what we want.

Cheers,

Julian Voelcker