RE: window.print ()

From: Lauke PH <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 13:55:30 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> You may want to advise the user when it isn't available.
> First change the
> script:
>
> if (window.print){
> 	document.write('<p><a href="#" onclick="window.print(); return
> false;">Print</a></p>');
> }
> else{
> 	document.write('<p>Use your browsers print command to print this
> page.</p>'):
> }

Maybe it's just me, but I would find this extremely patronising...

OT: It reminds me of a discussion I had a while ago about the accessibility
of a site, and the site owner said something to the effect of
"Should we have a notice on the site saying: 'if you are visually
impaired, please use either a text browser like lynx or
a screenreader'"...

*shakes head in frustration*
(not at Jon, but at the unnamed person who uttered that cretinous
sentence above)

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford