Re: window.print ()

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 07:58:35 +0100 (BST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> Can anyone provide links to examples of the accessible use of
> window.print ()
> problems may include, but are not limited to:
> Macs,

That's because windows.print is a proprietory feature, not a "W3C
technology".  I don't think one should replace or duplicate standard
browser functions with scripting.

If one wants to generate and automatically print a cleaned up version,
one should think the other way round, and respond to the print request
event (I don't know which if any browsers expose this in their automation
object models, but, as pointed out, W3C technologies use style sheets
for this purpose).