Re: Slightly OT: Web Accessibility Certifications

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 19:55:31 -0700
Cc: "Dwight H. Barbour" <dbs@dbsolutions.net>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
To: "Section 508.US" <tagi11@cox.net>

Here's the URL:

http://www.nfb.org/seal/intro.htm

Hey, neat, I don't qualify:

http://www.nfb.org/seal/wacs.htm

I don't use JAWS or WindowEyes, which seem to be a requirement.
("Do you own licenses for at least two screen reading programs?" -- no.)

I guess I'm not good enough to be an NFB "Web Accessibility
Consultant".

Based on the criteria they use -- which focuses ENTIRELY on designing
pages which can be used by blind people, without any apparent concern
for people with disabilities which are not visual -- perhaps this should
be called Blind Web Accessibility Consultant?

--Kynn, Mac OS X user who would have to spend over $1000 to buy
Microsoft Windows software he'd never use in order to be certified...

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                     http://kynn.com
Chief Technologist, Idyll Mountain                http://idyllmtn.com