Re: SVGs, word processing applications, printing, and accessibility

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 14:40:45 +0100 (BST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> weirdly one can just paste an SVG into word, my printer doesn't work in
> colour but I guess it will print fine.

If it retains animation etc., it is probably because your version of
Word is running the IE plugin.  If it doesn't retain animation, but
does remain scalable, the SVG viewer is probably putting it on the
clipboard as a Windows Metafile.  If its pixellated, the viewer is
putting it on the cliboard as a bitmap.  You should be able to use the
clipboard viewer to find out what formats are being offered.