Re: Javascript

From: David Dorward <david@us-lot.org>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 10:36:28 +0100
To: Angela Hilton <angela.hilton@umist.ac.uk>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 10:09:59 +0100, Angela Hilton wrote:
>    I realise that this has probably been thrashed out before - but what
>    are peoples opinions of using JavaScript - say for creating dynamic
>    menus?

There is nothing wrong (from an accessibility perspective) with using
JavaScript/ECMAScript, it just has to be written carefully so there
are no unpleasant side effects in unsupporting browsers.

http://www.greytower.net/en/archive/articles/tsutsumi.html has
something on the topic.

And http://www.gazingus.org/dhtml/?id=109 has some fairly accessible
menus.