RE: Colour blindness and accessibility

From: Harry Woodrow <harrry@email.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 09:36:02 +0800
To: "'Matthew Smith'" <matt@kbc.net.au>, "'WAI Interest Group'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

S far as I know only some colourblindness is a Y chromosone thing
thought it is mostley males who are affected.

It is a major diability for some people.  For example in australia it is
a legitimate reason for exclusion from jobs as a technician etc in
electronics because of the iability to read colour codes.
It has also been held in court to be legitimate to refuse jobs as a
security guard to people with colourblindness as it is considered that
they would not be able to describe such things as the colour of cars
(automobiles)

Harry Woodrow