In appropriate language usage on the list WAS RE: Bobby turning c orporate

On Tuesday, April 29, 2003 9:11 PM Nick spewed:

> Can I suggest you have a word with your local BOFH about adding this
> kind of crap to your messages?

Nick,

although I do sympathise with your frustration it is virtually impossible for people to get their BOFH to change anything. Corporate email disclaimers are notoriously vague and don't apply in any common-sense meaning to public mailing lists but that doesn't, IMHO, give you license to abuse people over something that is patently beyond their control. I was going to reply to you personally over this but seeing as you have already put someone off using this list with your comments I thought I should post publicly.

Please self-moderate and be aware that not everyone wants to hear your pet rants in such crude terminology.

Julian

The information in this email is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee.  If you are not the addressee, please tell us by using the reply facility in your email software as soon as possible. Sheffield City Council cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this message as it has been transmitted over a public network.  If you suspect that the message may have been intercepted or amended please tell us as soon as possible.