Re: Flash MX

Ben,
A pretty general question.  The answer is yes, there are people who have
built accessible sites with Flash, although there are a variety of
challenges, depending on what you want to accomplish.  I have an article at
http://www.alistapart.com/stories/flash_mx_moving/ that discusses a Flash
feature that I helped make accessible.

Macromedia has a growing collection of resources at
http://www.macromedia.coom/macromedia/accessibility also...

I've also been working on a sample to share (including the FLA's) that
compares how you might make a relatively simple site/presentation accessible
in Flash, Director, PDF, Authorware, and HTML.  I'll post something when
that is available.

The chapter from the "Flash Usability Guide" that deals with accessibility
is available in PDF at
http://www.friendsofed.com/books/flash_mx_titles/mx_usability/sample_chapter
.pdf

AWK

--
Andrew Kirkpatrick
CPB/WGBH National Center for Accessible Media

617-300-4420 (direct voice/FAX)
617-300-3400 (main NCAM)
617-300-2489 (TTY)

WGBH enriches people's lives through programs and services that educate,
inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of
learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.