Re: New tool on Accessify - Acronym Generator

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 02:06:15 -0700
Cc: "Ian Lloyd (Accessify.com)" <accessify@yahoo.co.uk>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
To: James Craig <work@cookiecrook.com>

On Tuesday, April 22, 2003, at 07:58 AM, James Craig wrote:
> Also, PHP /used/ to stand for "Personal Home Pages" but now it stands
> for "PHP Hypertext Preprocessor" which brings up the question of
> abbreviatations within abbreviations: Should it be "Personal Home Page
> Hypertext Preprocessor"? Not sure. Probably...
> Maybe it should be "PHP (Personal Home Page) Hypertext Preprocessor".

Recursive acronyms a la GNU's Not Unix are just downright evil.

I've posted some suggestions regarding Acrobot's library on the
Maccessibility site:

Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                     http://kynn.com
Chief Technologist, Idyll Mountain                http://idyllmtn.com
Author, CSS in 24 Hours                       http://cssin24hours.com