Fw: prototype audio description web site using RealOne and SMIL

----- Original Message -----
From: "debbiejayt" <debbiejayt@yahoo.co.uk>
To: <pc-audio@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2003 8:51 AM
Subject: prototype audio description web site using RealOne and SMIL

Hi Everybody,

I am an Honours student in Scotland and for my honours project I am
doing a prototype web site for audio described background material.
It is a small example of how a film can have some background
information into sets, costumes, character appearance outwith the
description that the film would have in a cinema.  For example, the
costumes in a film like Braveheart are quite intricate (different
tartans etc) and there is not really enough time to describe them
during the running of the film without detracting from the
character's dialogue.  So, what I propose is a web site (or CD)
containing that information before going to see the film.  I used
RealOne and SMIL for the audio described trailer.

 Also, I would like to think that the possibilities for such a web
site apply to other facets of the media (tv, theatre etc) so it is
really an initial study into whether such a format would be well
received.

What I really need your help for here is testing the site.  It is up
and running at this address:

http://www12.brinkster.com/webdeb/audiodescribed/index.html

All the media files are there as is some more background info and
the test questionnaire.

Thank you all for your time!!

Debbie

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!