Re: [OT] Web site accessibility-layers

Nick Kew wrote:
>David just told you why that's wrong, but his point seems to have gone
>right over your head.

No need for the "over your head" comment, Nick. This is a friendly list
and we're just having conversation. I was unfamiliar with SGML and
mistook his syntax for a typo. I thought because of the fact that he
chose EM, which is usually rendered in italics, that he was trying to
combine that syntax with the forward slashes that many mail readers
display as /italic/ text. An easy mistake, I think. You're response
cleared up his true meaning. Last time I checked, people were allowed to
make mistakes, even on public email lists. I wasn't being argumentative,
just trying to request more info.

Though I didn't mention it, I was referring to /my/ test suite when I
mentioned 'older browsers' which includes Lynx, Netscape 3, etc.
Admittedly (and probably obviously) I do not test Emacs.

>Then when that happens, offer them a suitable transform and serve them
>your documents as xhtml.  Elementary.

Sure. I could keep my data in XML, transform it into HTML now and later
transform it into whatever XML I want, but what if I don't want the
hassle of the setup/processing for serving a small site? What if my host
doesn't support it? That's why I said "no need for XSLT".

James