Re: statistics on usability of accessible websites

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:14:36 +0100 (BST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> especially to business managers keen to save money and have a quick 'Return
> on Investment'. Business managers, in my experience, generally want to

I think you've been confused by the use of the term "business managers".
My impression is that bespoke web sites are bought by marketing
departments, not by operational departments, and intranet, web browser
based, products are often executive productivity tools bought partly
for the buyers own self image.

It's also always been fairly well known in the computer software
industry that senior managers buy on appearence as they don't have
time to understand the real application.