Re: Where is Bobby?

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Matthew Smith wrote:

> I am sad to say that I have extremely poor experience dealing with
> Wathchfire (no replies to e-mails, unresolved support issues), so in the
> interests of being able to get on with my job, would anyone care to
> recommend a product that:

Well, how can I resist such an invitation to blow my own trumpet?

AccessValet <URL:http://valet.webthing.com/access/>

> 1) has similar or better functionality to Bobby

Clearer reports, and two levels (one - broadly comparable to Bobby -
is available in the online demo).

> 2) can be run offline on any software platform (I'm on Linux) to
> evaluate an entire site

Not "any" software platform, but Linux is supported.

> 3) is affordable to small organisations suffering from a bad US dollar
> exchange rate (Bobby nearly qualifies)

Make your own judgement:-)

> 4) is produced by an organisation with a sound customer service record
> 5) is generally recognised by the Accessibility community

Review the archives of this list, and Google groups, for what people
have to say (bearing in mind it hasn't been around as long as bobby).

> Thanks in anticipation.

You're welcome:-)

--
Nick Kew