From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of James Craig
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 12:03 PM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Comparison of CynthiaSays versus Bobby

Robert B. Yonaitis wrote:
>Many people have asked for a comparison of these two online testing
>tools, we have placed up a clinical review of the exact features and
>would appreciate any feedback on this checkpoint by checkpoint
>comparison. Thank you in advance.
>
>http://www.cynthiasays.com/Standards/CynthiaVersusBobby.htm

Not to knock CynthiaSays, because I think it's great and I do appreciate
a lot of the improvements over Bobby, but it's hard to view this as an
unbiased opinion of the two since it's (1) hosted on the CynthiSays
domain and (2) has opinion quotes like "Cynthia Says reports are far
clearer to read" which are obviously trying to sell one product over the
other.

While this is a fantastic start, and obviously has it's place on the
CynthiaSays website (any company website should have competitor
comparison tables for it's product), it could very easily have
'overlooked' certain Bobby features that that are better than
CynthiaSays. I didn't see one negative thing about CS on the whole page,
nor would I expect to on a CS' own comparison table.

It would be nice to see a 3rd party comparison with pros and cons of
both or at least to see the Watchfire version of this comparison.

Also, as an afterthought, why does the CynthiaSays website have "Printer
Friendly Versions"? From what I've seen of the differences, it could all
be done with adding a print style sheet (and a few small mods to the
header and footer). I don't think it would take more than about 10 lines
or so. I'd be happy to discuss this more off-list if you'd like.

Cheers,
James Craig