RE: Alertbox: Alternative Interfaces for Accessibility

Apologies for the previous message being completely in the wrong thread...I've inadvertedly clicked the wrong email to reply to.

________________________________

From the alertbox article: "Linearizing a 2-D layout is simply not as usable as having a good designer create a targeted 1-D layout."

While this is certainly true for "traditional" table-based layouts, I would posit that - with the use of DIVs and CSS - designers (can and do) create code for webpages in a 1-D linear flow, and only afterwards - through positioning of the individual DIVs - turn it into a 2-D representation.
I've given up on Nielsen lately...imho he always walks between stating the blindingly (no pun intended) obvious and being slightly out of step with specific technical developments. Then again, I might just be biased.

Patrick
________________________________
Patrick H. Lauke
WWW Editor