Re: The two models of accessibility

From: phoenixl <phoenixl@sonic.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 19:37:27 -0800
To: Larry.G.Hull@nasa.gov, phoenixl@sonic.net
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Hi, Larry

The reason I brought up the issue of paraplegics and stairs is that
while paraplegics can get up stairs with a great deal of effort, the
stairs are not considered accessible.  Similarly, while visually impaired
users can use web pages, it is often with great effort.  I believe that
amount of effort needed to overcome some obstacle should be considered
as a factor in assessing accessibility.

Another point to be considered is that if information is presented in a format
which can lead the visually impaired user to inaccrurately receive the
information, then that is also a barrier.

Scott