2 HTML documents in one

From: phil potter <p.potter@chester.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 09:03:16 +0100
Cc: phil potter <p.potter@chester.ac.uk>
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Dear all,

I've been looking at this Web site for sometime and wondering about its
validity, both from a coding point-of-view, and also from an
accessibility one too. If you look at the source code there are
actually 2 HTML documents on the same page - I've never seen this done
anywhere else and was wondering if it is acceptable or not. The
technique is actually utilised quite frequently across many of our
colleges web pages. It doesn't validate, but not for the reasons I
would have expected.

http://www.chester.ac.uk/performingarts/

Any thoughts?

Phil